Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bouncing round YouTube this afternoon, and came across a video from August 2011, where the car (a Toyota) had a system called "Toyota Friend"... You can review the video yourself below from time index 1:30... but what I thought funny about this clip, was the fact that any car with this system installed, allows you to then follow it on a social network.

So, for those of you who are on face book, or twitter know how it works. You follow your friends, they follow you and when you post something they get to see it etc... Only with this particular system, it uses it's own brand named social network called Toyota Friend.

This is where it gets funnier... Your car has it's own account, and posts it's own messages to its account... so for example :-

if it's low on fuel, it will post a message on the social media site saying so, and also telling you where the nearest petrol station is (as the car has a GPS, knows where it currently is, and has access to a database of petrol station locations).

If the tyre pressure gets low on one of the tyres, it will post a message saying so, and a location to where you can get it pumped back up..

If you have reached a level ofmileagewhere the car needs servicing, it will post a message saying so, and offer you places to get the car serviced.
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">-----------------

<div style="text-align: center;">You can watch all of it if you want, but the bit I am talking about, starts at time index 1:30

<div style="text-align: center;">[TUBE]http://youtu.be/QzeIrH2pIZc[/TUBE]

<div style="text-align: left;">Wouldn't it be funny to wake up one morning, and find that your car has de- friended you on a social network... how devastating
... or that your car has more friends then you..

<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">I just found this all to be ridiculous...

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts