Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Just had my 2nd service on my mobility car and have been told the seatbelt is worn through being trapped in the door. Checked the belt and the area that has worn is where it comes out from seatbelt housing at the top and not the bottom that has caught in the door a few times as it does not always go back automatically.

The worn part is the side near to my neck and when I tested this it is actually where it scrapes along the side of the seatbelt housing when you pull the seatbelt out to put on.

I have been told that the seatbelt has to be replaced by me as it's not covered by mobility, can anyone else having this problem of fraying let me know as I believe it is a fault on the car and NOT due to getting caught in the door as the part that does get caught now and again has nothing wrong with it.

Regards

G

·
Registered
238 Posts
My old B-Max had exactly the same fault after about 2 years and I am sure it has been posted about before, although it was not enough for me to worry about as I was getting my lovely new one.
The shoulder slot is not exactly aligned correctly, so the belt rubs on the inner side. It is nothing to do with the door; so go back and push it, and if it becomes neccessary, get Motability involved.

Geri

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not saying to be careful(although I suppose I am) but, the rules regarding seatbelt wear and holes in seatbelts are totally different in their "status". The side of the belt that would rub against the holder isn't really a problem, whereas a hole in the belt, even a small hole where the nib of a pen can go through, where the belt webbing has become compomised would be of a very different thing. Just approach any such fault with knowledge from an MOT inspector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.