Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to the B-Max Owners Club, but I am hoping someone can give me advise.

I have just purchased (though not jet taken delivery of) a late 2012, 1.0 litre EcoBoost, Manual gearbox, Ford B-Max.
I was a little surprised to find that Haynes do not do a Manual for this model. Can anyone suggest what might be the nearest Ford Fiesta model, Haynes Manual to choose and whether it would be worth getting.
I know that there are some Online manuals available, so if anyone has experience of using one I would appreciate your advise or any tips you may have.
I have had Ford cars for more years than I care to remember, my last being a 2003 Ford Focus which I had for almost 17 years and which has served me very well.
I have always found the Haynes manuals very helpful.
But I thought I would try a change so again I will be grateful for any help or advise.

Regards,
EASYDOZIT.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would imagine they would be acceptable as they will be digital scans of the origional documents.
I got one for my last car on dvd format and it was excellent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Paul,

Like you I downloaded one of these online manuals, it did take a very long time to download (needs a fairly powerful computer and fast internet speed). It also uses the VMware Player (which if you are running the latest version of Windows 10 then VMware Player must not be updated).
I did manage to get it working, which requires jumping through several hoops and having got it working I found that there are seven sections to the manual but can only access five of them, the wiring diagrams for instance require you to have ETIS access.
On the plus side I have found a much better and far more comprehensive manual on Ebay. This manual comes as a PDF file on a DVD. I did make a mistake and ordered the wrong version I wanted the manual for the Ford B-Max with the 1.0 L Ecoboost engine, what I initially received was a manual for the Ford B-Max 1.6 L Duratec engine, a quick message to the seller and he sent me a complimentary download for the correct manual.
This download only took a few minutes and was in PDF form and which is far superior to the other downloaded manual and has all the sections available.
In case anyone might be interested here is a link to the site I purchased from, https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/easyworkshopmanuals?ul_noapp=true (just make sure you order the correct manual).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Paul,

Like you I downloaded one of these online manuals, it did take a very long time to download (needs a fairly powerful computer and fast internet speed). It also uses the VMware Player (which if you are running the latest version of Windows 10 then VMware Player must not be updated).
I did manage to get it working, which requires jumping through several hoops and having got it working I found that there are seven sections to the manual but can only access five of them, the wiring diagrams for instance require you to have ETIS access.
On the plus side I have found a much better and far more comprehensive manual on Ebay. This manual comes as a PDF file on a DVD. I did make a mistake and ordered the wrong version I wanted the manual for the Ford B-Max with the 1.0 L Ecoboost engine, what I initially received was a manual for the Ford B-Max 1.6 L Duratec engine, a quick message to the seller and he sent me a complimentary download for the correct manual.
This download only took a few minutes and was in PDF form and which is far superior to the other downloaded manual and has all the sections available.
In case anyone might be interested here is a link to the site I purchased from, easyworkshopmanuals on eBay (just make sure you order the correct manual).
Hi
The link to Ebay not working unless I am not doing it right

·
Registered
260 Posts
The link works ok, i just clicked it and got straight to the site.
If clicking directly on the link in the post 2 above does not work for you, try copy and paste for the address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts