Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I do not think Haines will have done B-Max Manual yet, I always buy one of their Manuals for cars I have, even though I do not intend to do anything myself anymore, they are very good, except the photographs and the paper are rubbish, and printing abroad all done for cheapness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@SpecialK Have you tried these manuals? I'm after both the B-Max and the S-Max neither of which Haynes have dine yet. Interested in these if they are up to the job.

First job I need is to get the rear bench cushions out n the B-Max after a poorly child.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
It turns out on installing the manual that it is not recent enough to have anything to help us B-Max owners.

I've opened a ticket with the seller as to there comments as to how I can get some value out of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried downloading a B-Max workshop manual from emanualonline.com onto myMac computer. Mine is an OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. I followed their involved procedure faithfully, which involved downloading two programmes (UnRarX and VMWare Fusion) - all without any success. Has anybody had a similar experience?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
robshaw1 said:
I have tried downloading a B-Max workshop manual from emanualonline.com onto myMac computer. Mine is an OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. I followed their involved procedure faithfully, which involved downloading two programmes (UnRarX and VMWare Fusion) - all without any success. Has anybody had a similar experience?

Have you had your machine checked for malware? I think you should in view of 'having' to install two programs. Those things usually from what I hear, never give you what you think you may get.

As a matter of interest ( I use Linux and don't get viri) do you have that problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought this manual although is very informative it's not that easy to access information, first it's has install a virtual machine on your pc and it's not easy for a person that doesn't know how to use a pc very well and secondly it's not convenient to search on a laptop while your are near a car with all the tools around. I prefer a hard copy manual.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is Windows 10 and although the download went well is too complicated to search and time consuming. I had to install the virtual machine as instructed and then find your download files on your pc and then open such files.At first it took a while but finally i managed to see the manual but too many steps for my likes.It's not suitable for a non well pc user.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What OS is required to install th manual?

I thought it was being installed on a MAC and could understand the need for a VM. However, If you are installing on a Win10 OS and STILL need a VM, then for heavensake, what OS is the manual using?

I use a dual booted Winblows 10 and Xubuntu (Linux) and very rarely use winblows as I hate have to install antivirus and firewalls a extra cost.

So, is it Linux it requires?

Android?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I found this:

"NOTE:
This manual is almost 6GBÊin size. If you have a slow internet
connection, we highly recommend you purchase the DVD-R option above.
This workshop manual is run in a virtual version of Windows XP via
VMWare Player. All instructions are included."

If that is the case you don't need a VN imo. All you need to do is
change the win10 compatibility settings to run XP based programs.

I can have a look if anyone wants help on that. But as I hate using winblows I need to be asked lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
On any OS you are using you still have to use a Virtual Machine because this manual uses Windows XP and it's format is to be run on an such OS. Regarding what you said I run W10 and it's has in't own antivirus and firewall and no additional software need to buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.