Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, my wing mirror has been demolished by a car wash! The black frame which holds it all together has broken and now nothing fits together anymore. Is this normal?

I was wondering if anyone thinks I have a case for going back to Ford waving the bits shouting 'What the....!?'
I have taken some right old rust buckets through car washes in the past and have never had a wing mirror fall apart.

Offending mirror is now being held together with a trusty bit of duck tape. The car is only 1 month old.

TIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know for sure, but without a doubt I would take it back to Ford - and explain that this is not reasonable - a car wash is standard and shouldn't do this so in my opinion the mirror was "dodgy"
Failing that you could then approach the car wash company/garage but I would start with Ford. Good Luck!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
Would love to hear the end of this storey Teejam,any chance?

I take it you mean the big car wash with the large rollers and most important did you draw the attention of the equipment owner to what had happened?

Like many readers I am keen to hear the end of this affair.
Arm 987

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think you must try to pursue the wash owners first. However, most have a 'Get out' clause which says you wash at your risk.

Having done that you need to be able to prove to some extent that the wash was satisfactory and the owner has not had complaints. A letter to that effect would be helpful.

Then approach the dealer with or without the letter and ask for an 'under warranty' repair of a defective part. The dealer should be helpful if you go cap in hand rather than shouting the odds. They get a fee from Ford so it is in their interest to repair if they can find any way to justify the calim.

If the first dealer declines then try another armed with the knowledge of the previous dealer's comments and here push it via Ford head office UK if they also decline.

Edited by: makem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts