Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Do your jets work? Mine were very weak, don't know how they passed MOT last Jan before I got her. Very little fluid on screen but plenty running down bonnet! Obtained non-original replacements with 2 adjustable brass nozzles each, and now work as I am used to. Now I have prised connector out of main jet body, I can see why originals don't work. They can't! The connector inside the jet body has 2 square holes on the side of tube and a sealed end. A silicone tube then covers both holes and makes snug fit inside jet. Pump has to force fluid to expand silicone tube before fluid can be sprayed out. I have drilled hole in other end of connector and can now blow air through. Have glued parts back together and may re-fit when not cold or wet to see how good fan-jets are. Hole could be drilled without dismantling but if that created swarf and blocked jet.........Any other washer jet nerds on here?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You really shouldnt have to do that on a modern car, but your fix may be helpful to others with a similar problem.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks Algie for that description of the washer jets, I have wondered why the two holes in the jets do not always start together.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have not had any problems with mine indeed they have been rather better than the washers on most other cars I have owned

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had gunk in the tank which blocked the filter, clearing that helped how much water come through the jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts