Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our bmax heated windscreen not working

we took our car in for a service and a fauly windscreen after checking they told us the wiring was ok but as the weather conditions were not right they could not check this and we would have to take a piture and sent them our reg number in a email to let them know it was our car when we done that they came back to us and said the picture needed to show the outside of the car with the reg number we watited again for days we rang them and they said they have no pictures so we resend them today they came back and said they needed a number that was located under the tax disc so i again sent a piture and when it got dark they sent a email saying yet again was not what they needed but the number was a pilkington number located under number i have sent them but i not seen no other numbers on the screen on that side ... could some one please help before i lose the little mind i have left ... everything they ask i do and still we have a issue ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Donna

They are asking for the VIN which is behind the windscreen, not on it, below your tax disc. It is a very long about 16 numbers and letters long and it gives the dealer all the info about your car.

I take it that your screen is not de icing. Although the wiring may be ok , I understand that the Bmax has a smart energy system which prevents the screen from de icing if the battery condition is low or if the car has not been driven for a day or two. Sometimes the whole screen will not clear or just the passenger side. I have had the same issue and to be honest the dealers appearto be ignorant of how the system works.

My advice is make sure the car is run regularly and then see what happens next time its frosty. At this stage I would not bother with the dealer .

Best of luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have also have HFS problem with the O/S in-op it has been into my local dealer which I had already taken photo's.The technician carried out the tests to prove fault wasin thescreen andthe resultswere relayed to FMC for the authority to carry out the repair. Fmc then required extra photo of screen manufacture identification also extra voltage readings. Going into the dealer tomorrow for checks to be carried out.
Having been a warranty administrator FMC oftenmove the goal posts so do not always blame the dealers it is in there interest to look after there customers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not blaming dealers as such, but they do appear to take the easy option of replacing screens on this issue because they are not familiar with the "smart energy" software that protects the loading on the electrical system.

Having a screen replaced by FMC is a long winded affair for the customer, involving photos, instructions to the dealers to carry out different checks over several days. The objective being to find wear and tear ie chipping etc which could invalidate a claim. I have been through a part of this process before finding the true cause myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Modestmillionaire
The dealer test which are carried out will rule out low battery faults and if the HFS is faulty it should show up on the Ford diagnostic procedures.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ickey

I agree with what you say, should. My dealer, however, went straight into the replace screen route.

Nevertheless, users should be aware of the protection system and not go running to the dealer but give it time to prove itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Additional checks carried out fault in screen confirmed & authorised by FMC. New screen ordered and to be fitted. All dealers have to carry out setof diagnostic checks and most dealers have to get authority to fit new screens.
The objective is not to fit a screen that was not necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts