Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!--New member just about to buy a B Max here. As someone who has generally driven Hondas (my last car was a glorious Honda Stream bought for £1700 on Ebay with 133,000 miles on it and driven for almost 9 years to 230,000 miles) I wonder what the longevity of the B Max is? I know things will need to be fixed along the way, but with the Honda, there was nothing catastrophic. Suspension stuff, wear and tear stuff, etc. but never even had to replace the clutch or gearbox, let alone big things like cylinder heads, etc. My expectations are a bit lower for a Ford, I guess, but what are people's experiences here? I tend to drive things forever. Not interested in trading in and upgrading and all that. Just want long-term reliability.

After the Stream finally needed to retire during lockdown (would have kept going mechanically, but key wouldn't turn in the ignition anymore and would have needed a whole ignition unit replacement and wanted a smaller car anyway) I started using the kids' learner car as a temporary measure since nobody was going anywhere anyway. It's a 2001 Ford Fiesta 1.3 petrol in the most simple version possible--not even a temperature gauge, manual windows, etc. and I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed how it drove. Was bought for £800 at 55,000miles and now has 77,000 and has had no issues at all and is super reliable. Will the B max be the same? Is the simplicity my particular Fiesta the key to its reliability? All the bells and whistles on the B Max Titanium 1.0 ecoboost I'm looking at are likely to be the things that let it down long-term I'm thinking. But I can live with no heated windscreen and phone sync etc. My question is will it go the distance mechanically without having to get it into the garage for big repairs all the time?

Sorry for the long-winded post, and thanks in advance for responses! Would love to know the highest mileage on this forum and how much needed to be fixed along the way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Meant to add that the one I;m looking at is a 2018 with 22,000 miles on it. Must be one of the very last ones made. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Guess all the issues should have been ironed out by then if Ford was interested in ironing them out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts