Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any member help me with regards to a whine which seems to come from the engine when I accelerate. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Turbo whine? Quite normal.

Whines do come from other areas too, such as alternator or fan belt.

In mycase, a lot of whining comes from the passenger seat if I accelerate to briskly :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for that. It has suddenly appeared and getting more pronounced so have booked it in. Your noise must be really irritating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
B max 125 turbo 6k miles.

I have a similar problem that is present when accelerating or decelerating. The noise rises and falls with engine RPM. I posted this a while back and someone suggested the air con. Sure enough when it is switched off it disappears immediately, turn it on and it's there again. Sounds just like a noisy worn bearing and it's getting worse.

What is so irritating about all this is that the 1.0 turbo is a quiet motor so a noisy aircon spoils that feature. Dealer says it is normal !!! Ford spend many millions developing a quiet super little turbo motor and this is what you get.

Nice to know what is causing the problem. At first I though the turbo was getting noisy but now I know what is causing it does anyone know the cure?

Could this be your problem too Bethesda?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input Jondav. I will certainly try the air conditioning. It is booked in this wednesday to have a look so will let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts