Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for the add :)

Newbie to this forum, and I joined as I want to get a B-Max EcoBoost in the new year. I have found in adverts that people do not always put what power the car has. Is there an easy way to determine the cars BHP? Going to be a pain messaging sellers to ask. Hope some one can advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
generally no,
however, the 120/125 and 140bhp models all have 'start/stop' to get the emissions down whereas the 100 does not.
if the ad does not mention it, any photo's of the central console may show if the switch is there.
note the extra power tends to be at the top of the rev range, so generally the 100 is quite good enough.
OH and Welcome, and it is very certainly a good idea to join an owners forum, as you have done, before buying a car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
generally no,
however, the 120/125 and 140bhp models all have 'start/stop' to get the emissions down whereas the 100 does not.
if the ad does not mention it, any photo's of the central console may show if the switch is there.
note the extra power tends to be at the top of the rev range, so generally the 100 is quite good enough.
OH and Welcome, and it is very certainly a good idea to join an owners forum, as you have done, before buying a car.
Thanks Gremlin. I always join a forum before buying a car. Invaluable info. I was looking for the 120 or higher just for that extra go when overtaking at speed. I have seen people listing 123 bhp versions. It's all a little confusing. Why on earth they made a 120 and 125 is beyond me. So close, what's the point. And to be honest, I don't want a B-Max, but for practical reasons it's seems a very practical car and good value for money. Also cheap to run and economical. So for me at the moment, B-Max it is :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
These engines are 125PS ( pferdstarke) 123.25BHP (brake horse power) or 92KW ( kilowatts). Its all the same engine. If you can physically examine the car, there is a sticker/plaque on the rear passenger side door jam which gives you the figures for that particular car.. There is no such engine as a 120.

·
Registered
479 Posts
normally the manufacturer's plate is on the drivers side 'B' post,
but since the B-Max does not have a centre (B) post, (well it does but it's built into the doors...)
it's on what would, traditionally be the 'C' post
face of, drivers side, rear, door pillar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts