Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it is raining and the wipers are working either automatically or manually, when you stop the engine without turning off the wipers first, where do the blades stop?

I always thought they went to the park position or near it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My wipers stop exactly where they were when the ignition key was turned. Annoyingly, if they are on intermittent and in the park position between wipes, the first thing they do when I re-start is to wipe - damned irritating when it's dry by then.

Geriatricus

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nah, old timers always remember to park the wipers manually, in the good old days we always had to do this, and double de-clutch, turn the lights off, WIND the windows up and then put a sheet of newspaper on the windscreen in case of frost. Screenwash was a sponge and scraper, and wipers had a switch marked "ON/OFF" nothing in between. On my old Ford Poplular (Circa 1958) the heater was an optional extra!!
Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
I added a heater to my 1953 Ford Anglia in 1963 at a cost of £8.8s.For slightly less I added a Raydot 3 in 1 spot main and dip / fog light which increased my night vision by around 5 miles !!!! God only knows what the wattage was.
Whilst discussing windscreen wipers do not forget guys as winter approaches, to make sure your wipers are completely turned off, and not left on automatic when you leave the car. Otherwise they will activate as soon as the engine starts, leaving the rubbers frozen to the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.