Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as I am a BMAX virgin, and yet to pick it up (that delight takes place some time next week) I need to source a rear mounted cycle carrier but as yet they don't seem to be available. Does anybody know any different?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi JohnBMAX,

Welcome to the forum

I personally have not seen any advertised at present. However, that's not to say that they're not around.

You may have to do some trawling around sites to find one that will fit.

Ford do have them, but they are very expensive, and from memory are only roof fitting. Someone else on this forum may know better.
Happy hunting

·
Registered
637 Posts
According to thebrochureto the Bmax, they advertise the use of a THULE roof bike holder. If you have asked Ford directly and they have said no, you could always try talking to THULE directly.

I have had a poke about their site, and you can select the C-max, and the S-max, but not the B-max as advertised.

My best suggestion (as they are officially named in a FORDbrochure) would be to send a web form in to THULE, and ask them to confirm they support bike holders for the B-MAX, and to supply you with the available styles they provide. Below will take you directly to their "Contact Us" page.

http://www.thule.com/en/GB/About-Thule/Contact-Us

Hope this helps you, let us know how you get on

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, me again
Posted below, is the reply I have had from Thule. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer.

Many thanks for you help BMAX O C

Regards

John

Thank you for your email and your interest in Thule Products.

Unfortunately at the present time we have not released a solution for a rear mounted carrier for this vehicle. I would suggest trying again in acouple of months to see if we have received any notifications.

I am sorry I could not have been more positive with your enquiry on this occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any further questions or remarks.

Kind Regards,

Thule UK Technical Service Team
Outdoor
Sports & Cargo

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wow... I am sorry to hear that John. Ford features them in theirbrochurefor the car, then Ford and the third party, confirm that in fact..... theydon't... (currently)

I will keep a look out for othersolutions and update this thread with my findings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that the following cycle carriers should now work (according to Thule website). Still waiting on roof bars though...

<h3 style="font-weight: lighter; margin: 7px 0px; color: rgb64, 159, 207; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal; : rgba15, 15, 15, 0.952941;">Thule BackPac 973</h3>
<h3 style="font-weight: lighter; margin: 7px 0px; color: rgb64, 159, 207; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal; : rgba15, 15, 15, 0.952941;">Thule ClipOn High 9106</h3>
<h3 style="font-weight: lighter; margin: 7px 0px; color: rgb64, 159, 207; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal; : rgba15, 15, 15, 0.952941;">Thule ClipOn 9104</h3>
Cheers,
H

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have a tailgate mounted cycle carrier that I have not usrd for many years. It is universal and fits the tailgate of almost any car.

However, im sure i read somewhere that Ford dont recommend these types of rack or maybe it was just the B Max. I think it was perhaps that they wanted to disclaim any liability for rear window damage.

I bought it many years ago from a discount towbar manufacturer, but cant remember offhand which one.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just remembered, it was Towsure in Halesowen. It is only a cheap one but does the job. Supposed to carry 3 bikes, but ive never carried more than 2 and doubt whether the arms are actually long enough for 3.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That one fits like mine, though mine is a cheaper, more basic one.

As I said, I dont think Ford recommend these types as they put pressure on the rear screen. This would invalidate your warranty. However, I used mine on several cars withou any problems.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Something else to be aware of is that when you have bikes on the rack they may cover your number plate and the cops round here dont like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts