Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Etis says I have two ties/attachments to fasten a first aid kit and a triangle but I don't know where they are. Does anyone?

I have a small fire extinguisher with its own bracket, any idea which is best place for it. It would seem it needs two attachment points somewhere.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
30 Posts
Boot anchors.I found some metal loops in my boot 2 at the rear end and 2 at the back of the rear seats.Could these be for anchor points?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually says:
<ul ="mfcList">[*]First Aid Retain Strap
[*]With W/Triangle. Retainer Straps
[/list]

So, I think the points you found are those I already use to tie our bikes down with. More luggage tie points than for fist aid kit which would make them OTT.

·
Registered
155 Posts
the manual only states Triangle & first aid kit can be stored in boot(lower level) nothing about tie downs, the metal loops are for tying down large objects being carried in the boot.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gracow said:
the manual only states Triangle & first aid kit can be stored in boot(lower level) nothing about tie downs, the metal loops are for tying down large objects being carried in the boot.
Agreed however I quote ETIS for my model.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ETIS can be wrong for example mine states "less front and rear mud flaps" but these are fitted?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gracow said:
ETIS can be wrong for example mine states "less front and rear mud flaps" but these are fitted?
Yes, but those are an option. Tie straps would be standard (maybe).

I assume you don't have them and if two or three others say the same then, I would agree it is an error.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you.

I will ask Ford but it seems ETIS is wrong.

My triangle is very heavy and even in the 'hidden' compartment need to be tied down.

Actually I keep the top board at home and never use it to hide things. I prefer to use the extra to drop the wheels of the cycles into.

Nobody has mentiond the fire extinguisher

·
Registered
155 Posts
re the fire extinguisher, a reason for no replies could bethat the term "small" is not a measurement, and that you should just use "common sense" as to where it should be located?, there can't be that many areas in such a small car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, so I lack common sense eh?

Well common sense suggested that it would be best to ask rather than drill a couple of holes in a place which appeared suitable and find I had created a problem.

As for 'small', well most car fire extinguishers in my experience are of the same size, however, being pedantic, I could say, that size did not matter assuming that the reader would know it was for a car and not a building.

Of course, I was hoping someone would say, there is a hook, fixed nuts or some other pre-fixed place for such a thing or which could be used as such, of which I was unaware.

So, I thought I had used common sense.

It is a 1Kg Ford Motor Company Ltd Powder extinguisher overall size 32cm high x 7.5cm diameter and has a bracket supplied with it which has two holes the centres of which are 16cm.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Makem, I have a medium size fire extinguisher which I have fitted on the floor in front of the drivers seat. This is securely fixed by means of Velcro, which incidentally bonds with the B Max carpets, and is totally secure.

I have fitted fire extinguishers in this position on most of my cars. My fear of putting the extinguisher in the boot, or for that matter in the back seat, could result in a problem if you are trapped in your car following an accident. It also serves as a means of self defence if you are hijacked !!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having been to the scenes of many accidents I always worry about 'missiles' flying about in a car but in the boot is to far away and probably buried under luggage just when you need it..

I have rubber mats but your idea of Velcro sounds feasible against the passengers bulkhead. In a head-on it would not be a problem and in a rear shunt, although it may come unstuck, it would do no harm.

Thanks for that suggestion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts