Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....this might seem like a dumb question but I'm sure I read somewhere that fitting larger wheels needs a steering lock restrictor fitted........I have got a 14 plate B Max titanium with 16" spoked wheels and I want to fit a set of 17" Titanium X "Y" spoked wheels ....I've not found a decent set to buy yet so if anyone has a set for sale I might be interested in doing a deal with mine or I can buy yours outright ....thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
On a serious note here insurance companies have became seriously anal about fitting non approved wheels. If you fit wheels that are not on the list of sizes Ford has specified that can void your insurance even if the wheels have nothing to do with any accident.

For a 14 model year the online guidesonly specify the 1.6 Ti as being suitable for 17" wheels with a rim size of 6.5 Jx17 ET 52 and the only approved tyres size for that wheel is 205/45 R17

If in doubt check with the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen plenty of Ford main dealers selling B Max cars with 17" wheels....my car is a 14 plate with 16" 15 spoked alloys ....I was originally buying a 13 plate that had the 17" Titanium X ..Y spoked wheels fitted but it turned out to be a 99bhp car so I cancelled the sale and they found me a later 123bhp car which I've got now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.