Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I an new to being a B max owner and have always had a car with a spare wheel not the stupid tyre repair kit, I have got together everything for a spare wheel except the jack can anybody tell me the correct jack required as I believe as the vehicle has no b pillar the correct jack is vital to stop dammage to the cill,thankyou

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have never given it any thought before!

I bought a spare wheel when I bought the car. I assumed there would be a jack even if a repair kit was supplied. Surely every car has a jack?

I will look tomorrow because I would feel stupid if I needed to use my highly paid for spare and could not fit it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re my filled in survey. Have never felt so useless in my life,trying to use the repair kit the fluid just poured out I was able to drive only a few miles and,thankfully,got my son an a boat for Scotland. It makes me very angry that it was not explained how difficult the process was and that the tyre would be useless once the kit is used. Had to call breakdown van who loaded my car in his lorry and took me to nearest garage where it was explained not possible to repair my tyre new one only option. So instead of 20mins to half an hour spent changing a wheel an entire afternoon wasted. The garage man said the new system best way of increasing his business he had ever seen! I also had not been told the cost of replacing the can of repair liquid would be £40 that on top of new tyre. Within a few days had sourced a spare at a breakers yard complete with the necessary tools. It was the new type spare and came out of a scrapped Fiesta so was perfect. A total Bill of over £100 instead of pumpture repair cost, a real rip off. Have just bought an almost new Picasso it had the repair kit and I requested the spare wheel. Was told not possible so decided would not buy car. Was amazed how quickly one was found! am now content to know I have a proper spare. There is no redeeming reason why a repair kit can be used instead of a spare, a new tyre + + more cost and a lot of time spent. Garage man explained only odd time the kit was successful but always resulted in a new tyre.
arm987

·
Registered
106 Posts
Only proper Ford jack will do it has a deep slot to allow being placed over the car seam which is only way car can be jacked up you ought to be able to source this in any breakers yard. If not possible need to buy a new one! Don't mess about with this one result of improper jack can be really expensive.
arm987

·
Registered
106 Posts
Only proper Ford jack will do it has a deep slot to allow being placed over the car seam which is only way car can be jacked up you ought to be able to source this in any breakers yard. If not possible need to buy a new one! Don't mess about with this one result of improper jack can be really expensive.
arm987

1 - 7 of 7 Posts