Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B-Max, model year 2014. It has done 39,000 and even though it had a new gearbox at 19,500 in 2017 and recently a new transmission module, it now needs another new transmission. This surely is unacceptable. Having searched briefly on the internet it is clear that many people have suffered from the same problem. Ford will be aware of this and so I find it hard to believe that nobody has taken them to court or maybe Ford do compensate people. Can anyone here advise further please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a B-Max, model year 2014. It has done 39,000 and even though it had a new gearbox at 19,500 in 2017 and recently a new transmission module, it now needs another new transmission. This surely is unacceptable. Having searched briefly on the internet it is clear that many people have suffered from the same problem. Ford will be aware of this and so I find it hard to believe that nobody has taken them to court or maybe Ford do compensate people. Can anyone here advise further please?
I have a 2012 which has just shown transmission fault and will cost me £2085 to repair. I have gone back to for and used that money I. A new car and although the car drives they only mode red me £300 trade in. I now have a new car but refused to let them have my car for a minimal amount. I o ce did they offer me any idea there has been a design fault. I now have a car stuck on my drive. Any advise ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 which has just shown transmission fault and will cost me £2085 to repair. I have gone back to ford and used what would have cost me to repair towards another car and although the car drives they only offered me £300 trade in. I now have a new car but refused to let them have my car for a minimal amount. They did not give me any idea there has been a design fault only that they are discontinued. I now have a car stuck on my drive. Any advise ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2012 which has just shown transmission fault and will cost me £2085 to repair. I have gone back to ford and used what would have cost me to repair towards another car and although the car drives they only offered me £300 trade in. I now have a new car but refused to let them have my car for a minimal amount. They did not give me any idea there has been a design fault only that they are discontinued. I now have a car stuck on my drive. Any advise ?
£300 is current scrap value price.
eBay - be honest in your description
Hopefully the car will be cleared from your drive, and you’ll get more than the scrap value

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The transmission problems on these cars is well known. Don't know how many miles your car has done but maybe you could complain to Ford as they know there are problems with their gearbox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The transmission problems on these cars is well known. Don't know how many miles your car has done but maybe you could complain to Ford as they know there are problems with their gearbox.
Is that the auto boxes you’re referring to?
Have a 2014 51k mile 1.6D manual - no issues so far (other than usual sliding doors rattles and replacement heated screen under warranty) and that’s with a remap - 120bhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts