Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2014 B Max 1.4 Zetec last week, and had a 'proper' spare wheel fitted all fine. One question the dealership could not answer, and I have told them that I will be asking the Ford B Max Owners Forum for an answer! In the boot, what is the function of the small plastic semi-circular 'ears' size approx. 1cm by 3cm. mounted on each side, up near the small bag hook? They are not mentioned at all in the handbook, but one isvisibleon page 123 in the B Max handbook image E142507 (top left). Hope someone can solve this mystery.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think they are to hold up the boot cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NO sorry. I've just checked, the boot floor board is too wide by about 1 cm. But most importantly it would be far too deep. Note these 'ears' are just 3 cm below the rear parcel shelf and the rear seats slope back.
In fact I'm not sure were the two positions are, again NOT illustrated in Handbook.
Please try again...

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are to support the parcel shelf when the boot is closed. If they were'nt there the parcel shelf would pivot down to be against the back seat.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They also function to hold thefloor of the boot in the open/up position to enable you to reach in and retreive items from the boot with both hands, rather than having to act as a contortionist by holding boot floor with one hand or removing boot floor from the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ericg61, Gracow is correct, the horizontal 'ears' are there to retain the boot floor in a upright position when accessing items beneath. They are sprung so enabling the floor panel to pass by into a almost verticle plane which then allows access to items in the boot using both hands. Additionally, after removal of the parcel shelf, the boot floor can also be stored completely vertically behind the rear seats when held in place by the parcel shelf pivot pegs! Hope this all makes it clear to you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Blast,
Had mine for two and a half years and had not figured that out!

Geri

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulation Gracow, You win this weeks prize. The lugs do indeed allow the floor to be lifted up and held in place. They are nothing to do with the rear parcel shelf, this is held in place by a build in ledge2 cm above the sprung hooks that I have beentalking about. Thanks to all forum members, I will now let the Main Ford dealer in our area know, he can demonstrate they use tocustomers, not say " I think they arehooks"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts