Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2013 B Max a few months ago but the garage had lost the manual, so I was just using an online one, and it doesn't seem full of information. The garage wasn't a Ford garage (it was a trade-in used car) so they didn't know much, and I'm still discovering new things. The car has a built in reversing camera and parking sensors.

I've only today worked out that there are buttons on the dash to control the camera, like zooming and turning on and off grid lines. I can also turn on 'park pilot', but I'm unclear what it does. It seem to show me a greater area made up of squares around the car. Googling only gives me info about the newer (?) version of park pilot that seem to be about parallel parking for you, and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that! (Would be nice though). So what is it all about? Are the squares just the shape of the car or something?

thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. I've seen a couple of videos on other models, but they seem to be the more modern version that actually directs the parallel parking, which this isn't. But I'm sure it must do something - so far, the only difference seems to be that more squares are shown on the screen instead of just lines. I'm sure there's more to it than that! Or at least, an explanation somewhere of what it means. And the general car manual is no help - it didn't even mention that the buttons on the dash to control the camera existed, let alone what they do (they turn the grid lines on and off, they let you zoom, and they turn this park pilot thing on and off).

·
Registered
242 Posts
I too have the rear camera and sensors, along with front ford parking sensors and I think I have seen park pilot on my menu system, so I shall have a look and see what I can remember about it with what it does. I do know that it doesn't self park though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have rear parking sensors and when I reverse, the park pilot notification comes on. It is simply an indication that the rear sensors have been activated (by selecting reverse gear).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think mine is more than that. I can switch the park-pilot option on or off via the dashboard buttons, and it doesn't change whether the camera/rear sensors are on. It changes the view in the camera - more squares not just guidlines, and I assume that it somehow represents the shape of the car, but I'm not thoroughly clear on how! Sadly not self-parking, though I wish it were. But some info about what the lines/squares show would be good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Having had a quick look at mine, I couldn't find the 'Park Pilot' function, but.... I do recll that in with the squares and grids there is also a set of lines and a dotted centre line, which is indicitive of kerbs an a centre line shown on the camera. That's the best I've got.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The only time that I ever saw 'Park Pilot' was when one or more of the proximity sensors were covered in dirt. Suddenly the Park Pilot would appear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.
If it showed the kerbs, that would be extremely helpful, as that's what I struggle to tell from the camera - I thought i'd be able to see more with it somehow, but am still finding it hard to gauge where I am. I have to park next to a pillar, and trying to determine the correct angle to go in at so that I get close to but don't hit the pillar is tough. I do have a centre line, and am trying to get used to using that, but I wish it showed the edges of the car or something instead, as it's wider than my previous car and taking a while to get used to the width.

For those who don't know where to find it, on mine, it shows up when the camera is on as a menu across the bottom with four options, and then there are four buttons way down on the dash (below the radio etc, I think), that match up to those four options. There is no labels on the buttons, and no explanation in any of the manuals. The park pilot is either the third or fourth along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ford b max

hi all i have a 65 plate ford b max titanium x it does not have parking pilot my old 15 plate had it they all not have it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts