Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford pulled the wraps off of its Tourneo van variation, the small Courier, at the 2013 Geneva auto show. And it's not a bad little people mover...

The Courier is based on the same platform that underpins the Fiesta, B-Max, and now the EcoSport crossover, so it's quite small. Relative to the highly similar B-Max, the Courier is 3.3 inches longer and has a taller, flatter roofline and a more squared-off rear end.

But the Tourneo Courier is based on the Transit van, so function comes first. To that end, the Courier retains the B-Max's sliding rear doors (though it does without the B-Max's clever door-integrated B-pillar) and gets a reconfigurable rear cargo area organiser, a huge center console capable of holding small laptops and file folders, overhead storage compartments, and a secret drawer beneath the driver's seat.

The two-tone interior is extremely well-finished, with a Fiesta / B-Max like dashboard and chrome trim. Ford's Sync, capless fuel-filler door, and a rear-view camera are all available, as are a range of petrol and diesel engines. An engine stop-start system can be ordered with any of the powertrains. On sale through normal Ford dealers soon apparently.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thislooks likea bigger version of our beloved B-Max to me
. Presumbly, these will replace the 'C' Max variants [7 & 9 seaters], and the small Transit used by the P.O etc.
I've also noticed that Ford has an EcoBoost SUVvariant on show, which went on sale in South America, and is coming to Europe. This, to me just looks like a KUGA, with a 'just as ugly' front end
!
It's about time that vehicle designers stopped following each other [perhaps they all go to the same design college], and did something more radical with their designs. Lets face it, as soon as a new car is shown, all the other manufacturers pile onto the band wagon, with much similar body designs - yep, I'm having a GO
!!!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow it really does look like that Peugeot. From reading the news they are still keeping the c-max and s-max - these will be sold alongside each other..

The SUV Ecoboost is the Ecosport - on sale later this year. Based on the Fiesta too but raised up, like a modern day version of the fusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts