Ford B-Max Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would be back to the repairer - the car should be in at least as good a condition in all areas as it was before the crash. A friend of mine had a similar problem with Focus with poor performance afterwards. It turned out that the 'mechanics' were put back together by the body repair crew who did not do a good job. He had to complain to his insurance company but they were very helpful.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well... It goes back in again tomorrow for various issues along with new a cutting out problem had to get the rac out yesterday as it wouldn't start.. This is a joke that's for sure

·
Registered
54 Posts
philnicandamy said:
Well... It goes back in again tomorrow for various issues along with new a cutting out problem had to get the rac out yesterday as it wouldn't start.. This is a joke that's for sure

My B-Max was returned just before Christmas as I'd had enough of the constant hassle. The head technician described the car as a heap of s**t!

I now have a 63 plate Focus Titanium which so far has been trouble free.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have spoke to motability in the past all about this...they did say initially I could cancel the contract return the bmax and thats the end

I loved the car soooo much from new..problem is I cant find more money again for another deposit meaning it'll be bye bye to bmax and as an auto driver there's not a great deal of auto's to suit my needs (family access etc)

frustrated JW...I have more words but may be banned for swearing!

Edited by: philnicandamy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
well...the car's gone back to the bodyshop at last to sort the issues i'm having....workshop supervisor came out blamed the faults on ford then took it for a drive..

said the loud vibrations through the floor could be the exhaust..and the knocking may be something rolling round in the boot...I couldnt keep a straight face as he searched high & low finding nothing...looks puzzled at me & I reply "told you its a knocking...NOT an item rolling around" idiot....if he's the supervisor then its no wonder i've been treated like s*!**! so far..god help em

Motability have said I have to let the repairs be sorted AGAIN then the contract they advise should be terminated

sadly the prices being how they are deposits on motability for bmax manual are now out of my price range so all i'm left with now is Astra/Hyundia (I30) or seat Leon/Ibiza tourer...its a shame it really is

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
As a matter of interest, could you explain the motability system please?

You pay a deposit, the contract ends for whatever reason, early and you need to pay another deposit?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'll try makem.....

usually with motability you can choose a car for your needs they will take your disability living allowance every month for 3yrs in the 3 yrs of the lease the car is maintained taxed etc all I have to do is fuel it..some motability cars require deposits which you pay on collection of your new car ] however its a funny thing they call it a deposit but it's kept by them and not returned.

Now with suppliers motability have a price guide that changes every 3mnths so some cars have a deposit some are what they call NIL deposit (as my b-max was in june sadly now its increased)

bit of a better explination here

http://www.motability.co.uk/understanding-the-scheme/

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks for that Phil.

I suppose the deposit is related to the difference between your disability award and the lease cost.

That would suggest that the pro-rata part of the deposit could be transferred to the next vehicle if the lease was cancelled for no fault.

Of course, in your case if no deposit was necessary initially then nothing to pass on. However it means either the lease cost has gone up or the car cost has gone up if a deposit is now needed.

I probably have this all wrong lol.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.