Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dread to think JW...I really do

30MPH and some of the engine/workings pushed into the passenger footwell...scary if OH had been sitting there at the time

awaiting news yet if the car will be a total loss...if it is **which the traffic officer said probably will** then its back to ford to order a new replacememt

but thank you a million for the wishes guys means a lot

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car hit me then rolled over...slid then on roof into wall taking out a couple of give way bollards the cause of the accident "didnt see"

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad to hear that you seem OK

It sounds like the velocity of impact was substantial and the crash structures did what was asked of them. Modern cars have so little space in the engine compartment that impacts which in the old days would have bent some cross members and demolished the radiator without touching anything else (voice of experience!), now if they get past the bumper it immediately impacts the engine unit and starts it moving. The dangerous bits (i.e. very solid) are supposed to move downwards and backwards. Hope that is what actually happened.

Geriatricus.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct Geruatricus...body shop guys & gal said the same

saw car in the flesh today for the 1st time

not pretty..

Edited by: philnicandamy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but seems 50/50 now if it will indeed be a total loss...the bodyshop said RSM (my insurance) usually allow around 6k (or so) but because it's a 13 Reg they may insist repair BUT body shop said parts are very hard to come by really for this car so god knows whats gonna happen YET

·
Registered
418 Posts
Were the occupants of the other car hurt; from what you say you seem to have come off best. You mentioned you were driving at 30 m.p.h., which when on the face of it does not sound fast; but if the other car was doing 30 m.p.h. as well that is an impact of some 60 m.p.h. Your B Max appears to have withstood the impact very well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The other car was a little mitsubishi colt...she turned onto roof crawled out and all she suffered was a little scratch on her chin

VERY lucky to get away how we did

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm total turn around by insurer....they now want the car fixed rather than scrapped

Bodyshop VERY pissed they say it's a total loss insurance say they want it repaired..total cost ? over 5 and a half thousand pounds to put everything back how it should be

NOT happy about getting it back once repaired for one it wont drive like it used to and another..its a car I thought for over 2hrs of being trapped in I may die..not doing my health good worrying about it now

i've rang and told motability so we'll see what happens

·
Registered
96 Posts
I note that there has been no further input on this one. I wonder what happened in the end?

That car should not be repaired, you should get a new one.

That is a photo of my wife's accident when she was tboned a couple of years ago, eventually the other parties insurance coughed up for a new car.

geoff

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apologies folks had a few things going on that kept me away from here...in the end the car WAS repaired and delivered back to me Monday (after being off road for nearly 3mnths), one problem is though drives like a dog now seems to have lost power juddering madly pulling away..and the loudest vibration you ever heard (sounds like the exhaust is loose)

I'm not happy with it all..in the end didnt have much choice though mobility insisted the car was given back to me..I could source another car BUT would have to keep the b-max till then

on the plus side..made me laugh the receptionist of the body shop said on collection "one of the lads has been out in it and it's driving really straight"....ermmm I would bloody hope so!!

Edited by: philnicandamy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts