Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have a 2012 model ford b max 1.6 diesel and have come accross a strange issue.

Occasionally driving i notice what seems to be some sort of burning smell in the car.

its done 85000 miles and has recently had a clutch replaced. (this smell was happening before the clutch went.

Ive also noticed that sometimes i go to do the window up and it wont always go up automatically, sometimes it does.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?
I would also like to point out that the seatbelt warning audio no longer works either.

thanks for looking at my post and have a great day guys

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can't help with your burning smell as my car is petrol and not fitted with dpf.
However, the power windows do need reprogramming when they don't operate properly as per the Owners Manual which should cure the problem until it happens again. Which sometimes for some odd reason it does.
For the seat belt warning, turn on the ignition without the engine running and fasten/unfasten the seat belt buckle until the seat belt warning light on the instrument pack begins to flash, you might have to fasten/unfasten 3 or 4 times or even 9 times Once it flashes, fasten/unfasten once more then turn off the ignition. The seat belt audible warning should now sound; be aware this warning is speed related and it wont sound at slow road speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts