Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
over a year now....been a beta tester as well for a couple of months I do like the app just hope sometime in the future google dont decide to cock it up alltogether

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have had it around a year and am also a beta tester. Maybe we should start a B-Max group on Waze.

Love the App too it is always on when I drive.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I took a quick look at it on the play store and didn't see anything to rave about.

Never used it so cannot judge obviously.

It would be good to hear exactly why it is loved and what does it give you?

You need to used data on the phone I expect so there is a cost. Does it relate to directions, help etc?

I am not lazy but wary of installing the wrong app or any app for that matter as they must be paid for somehow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze

Reading the info on the above link is probably the easiest way to get an idea on how waze works.
I use it to avoid traffic jams at peak times, not noticed it using vast ammounts of mobile data.

Give it a go once your used to it its dead easy to use and it can be voice activated while in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ah, I see. Thank you.

I have a Garmin Nuvi Sat Nav system with a traffic data detector. The system warns me of traffic problems and changes my route.

This does not use any data and is voice activated too. There is no cost for software as I have lifetime updates.

Would Waze be of benefit in other ways?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Social interaction by other users , users can add hazards warnings slow traffic etc as they come across problems, it is even possible to take a picture of any incidents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both myself and the wife use waze and have done for a couple of years.

Some of benefits we both love is the option to report (and fix) errors in the maps, report road closures so we and other waze users are routed around them.

Regards Norca

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as I can make out if it has a road and you can find it on google maps then waze will load the map.

Regards Norca

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ok, it seems it uses google maps then. In that case I may test it in the EU, USA and Canada.

If it works in those places it ill work in most countries and I can dump my NavFree the maps for which are £25 per country. Also my Garmin which is even dearer.

Anybody used Waze on a tablet pc? A tablet would be better than a fone because of the larger screen and I am due to buy myself a pressie!

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Works on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 but remember it needs network connection so 3G or tethered to a phone via wireless that has 3G.

Regards Michael

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
OHHHHHHH

Needs network!

That rules it out for travelling then. I am considering using GifGaff for the UK @ £12 per month so if I do then I could use it for the UK. I will wait on the GifGaff decision before testing Waze

NavFree does not need internet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It doesn't use Google maps the map are community based.They started with a free base map when the community did the rest...so instead of a map update 4 time a year like garmin the map is in a state of constant update.. so new road etc.. are almost immediate ...

As one of the other reply said the fun bit is seeing other cars on the map that are using waze and marking hazards and lets not forget marking the place where the policeman is hiding in the bushes with his speed gun (like other GPS speed cameras are already on the map).In fact that's one of the big advantages being warned by the car in front of that copper hiding with his speed gun...Edited by: pspec

1 - 18 of 18 Posts