Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. when its been raining I am getting water pooling in the foot of the door frame. Only had the car 3 weeks from new. is this normal for this model or should I go back to ford? I've seen a thread on here from 3 years ago about the same problem and the guy there was trying to get it sorted with ford, but it doesn't look like he had much joy! Thanx for any help received.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hywel. both sides of car. when i open up both doors there are puddles all along the bottom of the door frame. do you know if we can attach photos on here then i could show you. thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes you can:

Above the 'reply' window there are a number of clickable icons. Choose the one which has a tree on it and enter the url in the window which it opens up.

The url is obtained when you select the file you want to upload from your computer.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That appears to be outside the rubber seal which seals the cab from the outside world.

I have never noticed water there myself but then I would not worry about it if I felt it was normal, being effectively 'outside'. I have B-MAX threshold plates (what a waste of money they were!),fitted
where you have water so would have thought if water was a possible problem I would have done something about it.

However, I will take notice in the future and let you know. In the meantime, I would suggest you have the shaped rubber 'deflectors' which are attached to the inside of the door itself checked at your suppliers. It may be that one is missing or not deflecting ingress of water to wherever it should go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Hywel, will do! and it would be interesting if anyone reading this would see if they have a leak next time it rains and report on here! thanks again!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It rained heavily today for quite a long time while the car was parked. I noticed some water in the areas pointed out in the pictures but nothing in my opinion to be concerned about as it was 'outside' and could not get 'inside'. I am sure it will dry out, probably quickly when I drive later today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for that! mine is parked on driveway that slants to one side enabling water to sit there. just have to keep it well waxed to avoid rust in future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.