Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a small leak which i or garage could not find..losing prob half litre a month..after doing reasearch i bit the bullet and bought some k seal..touch wood so far nice dry driveway after 3 months :smile:

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Nice to know that the leak has stopped for now.
Only issue i can see with using a sealer in the water system is that it will clog the water ways in the radiator eventually this then leads to overheating and possible engine damage if it is not sorted.
I would look REALLY hard for any rusty looking deposits on the chasis,if you find any then you are near to finding the leak, also check the carpets in the car near to the heater matrix to see if it's damp, if so then the heater box is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If coolant is being consumed and neither you or the garage can find where it is coming from, that suggests no puddle on the floor or rusty water marks under the bonnet. That leads me to the conclusion that the most likely source is a leaking cylinder head gasket.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

Best case, poor seal on the header tank screw cap.

The worst case is a leak into the cylinder(s), but that ought to show as excess steam in the exhaust. Only confirmation would be a compression test.

Whatever the final diagnosis, best of luck with it.

Geri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.