Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have only in the last 2 days taken delivery of my B-Max Titanium, and I have noticed a small amount of water in the reversing light housing.
To gain access to the rear of the light, I have looked at the Owners Manual (page 146) and it says to remove the trim panel and appears to show a small door section in the boot door panel, but there is no small door section, therefore does the whole of the boot door panel have to be removed (seems a bit extreme if you're just wanting to change a bulb).
If the whole boot door panel does have to be removed, how is it done there does not seem to be any screws holding it, unless there is some other way of getting to the rear of the light.
I would be most grateful for any help/advise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
the owners manual is wrong for the rear lights.
to remove the inner tailgate panel, you start by removing the pull down 'handle' (bottom of door when closed)
then pop-out clips round the panel edge.

you might be able just to release the panel clips near the light, - haven't tried it myself.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Have a closer look. You should find a cut in the cloth lining on both sides. Pull on this and it will give allowing you access to the rear lights.

·
Registered
266 Posts
On my B-max the small "door" you refer to is directly behind the light cluster.
There is a small flap that pulls open to reveal the rear of the lights, slacken off a retaining nut and the whole unit pulls out from the rear of the car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
while its true that there is a 'flap' to get to the rear light cluster

the fog and reverse lights are mounted on the tailgate, not the general lighting cluster.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Found this video on removing light bulbs in the rear.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8220AneqkT8[/ame]

·
Registered
15 Posts
He means the boor lid lights Hywel. Wokshop manul and the digital version show the wrong car.....still after all these years. Nice one Ford.

Nice one Wiggy...my next job made easier!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Do the nut up really tight afterwards otherwise water will get back in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a problem which may well have the same root cause. Water runs out at the edges of the join between lower and upper tailgate trim...drips all over the boot contents...as you open the tailgate. I also have a little mist in both tailgate light lenses...reversing and high-intensity rear light.

I may just buy another car and keep tropical fish in this one.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
It turned out this water was entering via the rotted foam seal of the middle upper brake light. This w2as exacerbated by the tailgate drian holes being blocked by little drain plus with very small holes...these are easilly prised out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts