Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are lots of threads on this subject but i want to share my experience..i found water in the boot.this was removed and everything dried out thouroghly..the carpet above the spare was wet and turning green..with everything clean and dry i put it all back...four days later .no rain just warm weather..checked again..found water in spare wheel and on sides of well..again all cleaned and dried...this time i put a layer of plastic between the wheel and carpet....used car again in rain and shine...checked again after a few days...result dry as a bone...just wondered if the water was condensation..it was clear...anyway still dry..hope this helps:smile:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Could it be the tube for the rear window washer split or pulled off the connector slightly ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi wiggy..its not washer fluid as the addative i use is blue...the water was clear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Maxfan - I had the same or similar problem - but on removing the rear bumper - the problem was obvious - there is a 15mm square hole at either side under the air vents hidden behind the bumper - which has tape covering it. Over the years, the tape has come adrift and allows water into the inner pannel which then emerges inside the boot seam on one or both sides of the boot area, hidden behind the panels. An easy fix once you have removed the bumper - do this on a warm day as the plastic bits holding the bumper on can get brittle in winter and just snap off. If it is cold - try some warm water on the plastic first to soften it a bit. See pictures. I Just sealed them with some good quality wide sticky PVC tape after cleaning everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Maxfan - I had the same or similar problem - but on removing the rear bumper - the problem was obvious - there is a 15mm square hole at either side under the air vents hidden behind the bumper - which has tape covering it. Over the years, the tape has come adrift and allows water into the inner pannel which then emerges inside the boot seam on one or both sides of the boot area, hidden behind the panels. An easy fix once you have removed the bumper - do this on a warm day as the plastic bits holding the bumper on can get brittle in winter and just snap off. If it is cold - try some warm water on the plastic first to soften it a bit. See pictures. I Just sealed them with some good quality wide sticky PVC tape after cleaning everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 b-max and I too have water in the spare wheel well and spent a lot of time trying to find out where it's getting in. Around the fuel filler tube is a rubber seal there is also a drain at the bottom, the seal has split and the drain blocked. My problem is I don't know how to replace the rubber seal and have tried to rod out the drain but without success. I have stopped using car wash facilities because of the water pressure used and noticed there is less water in the boot. The b-max owner's manual states on page 99 under warnings "If using a high pressure spray to wash your vehicle, only spray the fuel filler cap briefly from a distance not less than 8 inches (200 millimetres)". I just wish that I'd read that before as I think that was the start of the problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts