Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a 2013 b max 1.5 and on looking round have found water in boot is this a common problem and how do I stop this
also there is no hole with a grommit in to release the water
can anybody help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it was about 1 inch deep but was clear water
I wondered because it was clear and I only
Picked the car up yesterday it could have been
When it was cleaned by Trustford also we have Had
Little rain should there be a drain hole
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all. Had same problem, about 2 inches of water in spare wheel-well and no drain hole.Found the cause in my case and solved it. Water came in from the back of the boot.
I removed the plastic boot lip strip, 2 screws and pull it upwards. Remove removable boot floor.
One at a time, pull side boot trim out and up releasing where necessary and prop up. Head in boot and look rearward. Each side has 2 metal pieces which did not meet up creating a vertical gap. Seal up with silicone and re-assemble boot. Thought mine might be caused by a previous body repair, but seeing others with problem, maybe not! Hope this works for you.
Algie

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently found my Ford B-max was also leaking water into the boot area. I found the carpet under the boot floor panel covering the spare wheel was soaked. The spare wheel was also sitting in about a centimeter of water. The water was clear so I assumed it was rain water (i.e. coming from above not up from the road). After drying it all out and leaving the carpet mat away, I found that the water was coming from behind the interior panel on the right side of the boot (when looking forward).

The car is going into the garage this week to see if they can find the root of the leak.

I'll ask them to take photos - is there any way to share the here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I should have also noted that I had terrible condensation problems in the weeks before I discovered the soaked boot carpet (it probably like that for a while because it's hidden beneath the hard boot floor plate).

If anyone else is having condensation problems then check to see if your spare wheel is swimming like mine was...

·
Registered
12 Posts
So the leak in my B-max's boot has apparently been fixed. The garage used a UV dye in water to find the source and there appeared to be two. One was the worn/missing sealing around the bolts that hold the rear sliding door guide rail. The second was around an air outlet behind the rear bumper. The air outlet is there to exhaust air when the doors are rapidly closed in order to prevent excess pressure build up on the window and door seals (I had never considered that cars needed such a feature).

So if anyone else has leaky boot problems then all you need to do it remove the rear light cluster and rear bumper to get to the (probable) source. I can't say exactly where the fixtures are for these parts or how hard they are to get at because I had the garage do it for me. They charged only 1.5 hours labour so it couldn't have been that hard (for the professionals at least).

I've uploaded a couple of pictures to help with the orientation.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the the info, I have often wondered where the air outlet is, not that I am going to do anythng with it, I am just curious about things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all, new to the group but just wanted to add to this thread. I found I had water in the wheel well after having bad condensation in the car. I also noticed that a bag I had stored in the boot (LH storage pocket) smelt slightly of diesel. on investigation I found that the rubber hose that drains water & spilt diesel from the filler cap was blocked and seemed to be leaking in between the panel. behind the storage pocket there is a hole with some foam behind it that was sodden will water and diesel. only just fixed it so can't 100% co firm this was the issue but I'm pretty certain it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is a reply that I posted on another thread on here -

hope that it helps;

I had the same or similar problem - but on removing the rear bumper - the problem was obvious - there is a 15mm square hole at either side under the air vents hidden behind the bumper - which has tape covering it. Over the years, the tape has come adrift and allows water into the inner pannel which then emerges inside the boot seam on one or both sides of the boot area, hidden behind the panels. An easy fix once you have removed the bumper - do this on a warm day as the plastic bits holding the bumper on can get brittle in winter and just snap off. If it is cold - try some warm water on the plastic first to soften it a bit. See pictures. I Just sealed them with some good quality wide sticky PVC tape after cleaning everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.