Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right folks, I need to transport a washing machine and have two questions. Will it fit in? and what is the easiest way to get it in and out.

I know about the transit bolts and probable leaks so will drain it and use old carpet or cardboard to protect the car.

Anyone tried it who can give me a few tips as these are heavy beasts to lift.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No experience personally with the B-Max (new owner) but plenty of history shipping stuff with my last couple of cars (Golf Estate, Xsara Estate and 307 Hatch).

I would of thought a washing machine will fit and there no harm in trying. Use upturned carper on the edge of the boot to rest the washing machine on, pivot the machine on the carpet and then push it into the boot with the seats pushed down.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that seems sensible, on its front, the door or controls may break and on the back, the inlets and outlwts will stop it sliding.

Need to get as much water out as possible too.

Main concern is damage to the bumper, so i will cover with cardboard and/or carpet. Also need to find a brute to help me lift it and tip it ino the boot at one end and then at the other.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cover bumper lip with carpet, get someone to assist and you'll have no problem getting it in. The guys from Currys assisted us when we bought from there and I always see them wheeling white goods out and lifting into cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts