Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disappointed with the warranty , yesterday I put the car in for a service at gates bishop stortford and I said I had some warranty items 1 , tail light on boot has fallen apart inside and a metal plate dances about inside. 2 there's a defect in the fabric on the rear seat 3, plastic breaking off aerial .. I was told none of these are covered past the first 12 months, secondly they said the light must have been knocked but there is no damage to it, the fabric I must of caught it and the aerial they didn't answer, the car is barely 2 years old and these are all clearly manufacturing defects, of course it all has to be my fault, heaven forbid anything should fall apart on its own, I paid a lot of money for this titanium and although I love the car I am disappointed with the build quality for sure..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've never had a problem with getting warranty work done.

Had a twisted driver seat-belt and a slack passenger one for example. They replaced the twisted one completely and said the passenger one was normal. They later, on second request replaced the passenger belt.

Both headlights replaced completely because of some unknown substance that could be seen (a smear) on the projector bulbs.

Had the rear high level stop light replaced because of a small scratch beside the fixing screw. (Screwdriver slipped?)

Had a unidentified rattle underneath the car. They kept it for 1/2 day, put mic underneath and found exhaust bracket loose.

I use two different places for repairs and service. One is part of the group from whom I bought the car and another is just a Ford retailer, nothing to do with where I bought the car. Both have done warranty and both have done service. I would not hesitate using a third place if necessary.

I would suggest you try a different agent as I have found they are pretty lenient with warranty if they can find a way to justify payment from Ford. After all, they want money. (Well most do)

BTW, a 'defect' cannot be caused by 'catching' it.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Do you know John, you do make some strange remarks and because of that you leave yourself wide open to problems.

I assume your comment was meant to be a joke but really it was a waste of space, sorry mate.

·
Registered
418 Posts
A day without humour is like a day without sunshine !!! I hope it stops raining in Chelmsford soon.Kindest regards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to ford , lamps, trim are only covered for the first 12 months , after that it's electrical and mechanical only..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hawka2 said:
tail light on boot has fallen apart inside and a metal plate dances about inside.

Hawk,

I had EXACTLY this failure to the tail unit and I had it replaced without demur by the dealership. I would suggest that (as others have said) you go to another Main dealership.

Geri

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ford states 2 year warranty on their website, not 1 year full and 1 year half. You can find the same in your booklet that came with the car, flyers etc. The dealer is wrong, complain or try another one.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told everything is covered off the first year, after that it's just mechanical and electrical for years 2 and 3,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hawka2 said:
I was told everything is covered off the first year, after that it's just mechanical and electrical for years 2 and 3,
That is correct its 1 year for trim etc but 3 years for mechanical
I think it states this in car service book

1 - 12 of 12 Posts