Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't get Bluetooth audio and won't recognise voice command. Main dealer says needs a new module at £561 .Car is only three and a half years old with thirteen thousand miles showing.Any ideas,thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Take it to an auto electrician before you pay ford anything. It may not be quite as drastic as a new vouce module. Interestingly, i've never heard of a voice module failing from a hardware perspective.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Julie123, sorry to hear about your module, but, can I ask if when your Bmax hit the 3year point. Did ford offer an extended warranty? Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I did get an extended warranty 3 years I think, we did phone ford who would not help us, in the meantime I can voice control to call out, but this is very hit and miss, I have asked another ford dealer for help who said they would have to diagnose again but would be £100, I have already paid £51, very confused now..
When I ask for Bluetooth audio, it goes onto that screen but does not prompt for play all..
I have read that if I disconnect the battery that would sort it, or even taking out the fuse, would disconnecting the battery cause more problems ??

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
My Sony radio has a system reset option in the dashboard menu, not sure if the Ford radio has the same option.

Diaconnecting the battery for 10 mins or so would also perform a system reset. Worth a try I suppose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.