Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
Vehicle settings Traction Control ""“ for Titanium[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />- any information ?[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]The following Vehicle Setting Menu items are taken from the online 2013 Owners Guide ""“ I would like to know what are the choices that can be set ? I am interested in what AUTO functions can be switched off and reverted to manual. (I assume changes done when at zero speed).
Below are my assumptions, but true actual choices would be appreciated.

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Menu item Assumed possible choices ?[/B]
a) Traction Control enable/disable
b) Active City Stop enable/disable (fitted as option only)
c) Deflation detection enable/disable/reset
d) Hill start assistenable/disable
e) Alarm systemenable/disable/reset
f) Rain sensorenable/disable
g) Powerfold mirrors enable/disable
h) Indicator what is this for ???
i) Ambient light enable/disable -- colours too ?
j) Chimes enable/disable -- individual or all together ?
------
For (f) Rain sensor :
If this is true ""“ will disabling the sensor make intermittent wipe become ""˜manual', with the rotary control setting the delay time ? (operating just like Zetec manual wipers) -- or is there no intermittent wipe if disabled ?
Does this interact with Auto RV Mirror Dim and if so - then is manual dim still possible.

thanks

WT

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Davis_Zadian said:
Here's the 2013 User manual to the BMAX
Sorry but your link takes you to an error page which tells you to login again to TSO.

Can you make it available elsewhere?

This is unusual:

Please remember to close your browser window to logoff and then login back in twice a day.

Do you really have to log in twice a day to stay with them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, thanks for the replies guys ""“ BUT ""“ I have the manual ""“ see my original opening line - it's the same as the pdf link in your replies.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Perhaps I should re-word my question for you :<O:p></O:p>
The manual shows the dual levels of <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">menu[/B] <O:p></O:p>
e.g. Vehicle Settings/Traction Control, e.g.Vehicle Settings/Rain Sensor. <O:p></O:p>
The manual falls short on explaining the actual <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">function setting[/B] that is possible once you get inside each of these menus or levels. i.e. menus are the NAME of the function ""“ not the DATA that you set for the functionality. <O:p></O:p>
I would expect the data words to be something like On or Off or Disabled / Enabled or such like. <O:p></O:p>
For some of the functions there may be more choices ""“ e.g. Reset - or maybe even further submenus ?<O:p></O:p>
I wanted to know is : what are all the possible functional choices? - to go with each menu level.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>
---

Allied to this, one of my main questions is about the ""˜Rain Sensor' choice ""“ does switching it ""˜Off ""˜give you Manual intermittent wipe (see original question). And does this effect Auto Dim for RV Mirror ?<O:p></O:p>

<O:p>

Also does ""˜Indicator' refer to the gear shift number / arrow etc on the facia display ? or what is it for ?<O:p></O:p>

Thanks<O:p></O:p>
WT<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
woodentop said:
<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">

[/b]<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Vehicle settings Traction Control ""“ for Titanium[/b]<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">- any information ?
[/b]

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
[/b]The following Vehicle Setting Menu items are taken from the online 2013 Owners Guide ""“
I would like to know what are the choices that can be set ?
I am interested in what AUTO functions can be switched off and reverted to manual.
(I assume changes done when at zero speed).

Below are my assumptions, but true actual choices would be appreciated.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Menu item
Assumed possible choices ?
[/b]
a)
Traction Control
enable/disable

b)
Active City Stop
enable/disable

(fitted as option only)

c)
Deflation detection
enable/disable/reset

d)
Hill start assist
enable/disable

e)
Alarm system
enable/disable/reset

f)
Rain sensor
enable/disable

g)
Powerfold mirrors
enable/disable

h)
Indicator what is this for
???

i)
Ambient light
enable/disable
--
colours too ?

j)
Chimes
enable/disable
--
individual or all together ?

------

For
(f) Rain sensor
:

If this is true ""“ will disabling the sensor make intermittent wipe become ""˜manual', with the rotary control setting the delay time ? (operating just like Zetec manual wipers) -- or is there no intermittent wipe if disabled ?

Does this interact with Auto RV Mirror Dim and if so
- then is manual dim still possible.

thanks

WT
As far as a) to g), the data is there, either on or off, except for the tyres and alarm. The tyres one requires you to reset it after inflating of deflating your tyres so the system knows the start point. (different pressure for different conditions) I have used this. The alarm system, well I would assume that as you can change settings, you would need a reset ability should you mess it up.

i) and j) I would assume there is no other level, they are either on or off, no colour choice or sound choice.

f) Well you can effectively choose this with the stalk but if you want it permanently off then that would be the choice, leaving you with manual as the stalk can do.

Auto RV Mirror Dim, not sure what that is unless it is the drivers rear view mirror in which case if you turn it off there is no way to manually turn it on. (No buttons)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts