Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can play music via my usb stick in my B-Max but want to be able to create playlists on the stick. I have created playlists in Media Player on my PC and added the various tracks to it then exported it to my stick but if I select playlist on the display in the car under USB it says there are no playlists. I can select by artist, album, track etc. but no playlists. Can anyone give me some advice on this please.

Another factor I would like to play in random mode and I checked that in the settings under USB but it still plays in sequent order.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Try page 256 of the manual:

To Connect Using the System Menu
1. Plug the device into your vehicle's USB
port.
2. Press the AUX button until an
initializing message appears in the
display.
3. Depending on how many media files
are on your connected device, an
indexing message may appear in the
display. When indexing is complete, the
screen returns to the Play menu.
Press Browse. Now you can scroll through
the list:
""¢ Play all.
""¢ Playlists.
""¢ Songs.
""¢ Artists.
""¢ Albums.
""¢ Genres.
""¢ Browse USB.
""¢ Reset USB.
""¢ Exit.
Which mentions play lists.

If you have no joy contact the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that after adding a playlist to the stick and did what you said but when browsing there were no playlists available. The folder was there ok when browsing and selected it. Whilst it was playing a track I selected options and checked playlists to play random but that did not work either. I had already contacted the dealer and all they said it might be the stick but that is a load of crap. Strikes me unless I get an Ipod or something similar I can't see it working.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cheaper to try another usb then if it still does not work try another dealer.

Ask the dealer to test the system which should work as advertised and if it does not it needs a repair.

This is one reason for having meetings which I tried now years ago but lack of interest made it a waste of my time. At meetings you could make tests. Is there anyone near you with a B-MAX?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought myself the latest iPod Shuffle and put some music on it via iTunes, some playlists and then plugged it into the USB socket in the car. I could not get the car to recognise the iPod also it said the USB device was not compatible. Apart from my Bluetooth Galaxy S5 mobile the Sync system does not seem to recognise anything.
I read somewhere that removing the Sync fuse behind the glove compartment, fuse 24, would reset the Microsoft Sync application. I understand that I would have set up all my Sync stuff again but it gets it working I would not mind. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One further thing, I tried my Sansa Fuse media player on Sync last night and that worked fine, yet despite there is a choice of USB/Ipod it says the iPod is not compatible. Why the hell does it say that when it is listed under the choice of devices on the B-Max Sync system. I will try the re-boot of Sync later (remove that fuse and replace) to see if that sorts it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made some more enquiries and it seems the ipod shuffle is not compatible with the B-Max Sync system. have a look at this link that stems from the Apple Forum.
http://www.geek.com/mobile/cant-connect-your-ipod-to-your-ford-sync-car-reboot-1084572/

I could not see the point of trying to reboot the Sync system, so I have sent my ipod shuffle back. Although it does not quite do what I was looking for, I will stick with my Sansa Fuse media player as at least I can play my music through that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
it's all coming down to files system and how Ford sync see it.

1. create the folowing directories starting form the root of your USB drive.

\USB Music\Music\Playlists

if your USB drive is F, then it looks like this:-

F:\USB Music\Music\Playlists

2. Open up Windows Media Player and choose "Now Playing" tab

3. Drag and drop your music files from your USB stick (that you would like to create the playlist) into Windows Media Player.

4. Once done, click the "Now Playing" drop down menu (at the right corner above the list of your music files) which have option "Save Palylist As"

5. Now save the playlist at the above folder location.

eg. F:\USB Music\Music\Playlists\MyPlayList.wpl

... Done!.. .. you can add more playlist by following the steps above.

it works on my Sony head unit..

jm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts