Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Bmax 1.5 D Titanium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New updates that are worth a read, in fact a must read, driving is about to become more hazardous (imo)

Rule H1 - Hierarchy of road users will see responsibility on those who could cause most harm
Rule H2 - Drivers will now give way to pedestrians waiting to cross a road
At a junction you should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which or from which you are turning. (just part of update)
Rule 72 - Cyclists can ride in the middle of quiet roads before pulling over to the left when necessary

·
Registered
306 Posts
More pen pushers with nothing better to do than make driving even more hazardous than it alreadfy is.
If pedestrians and cyclists have to be given a right of way, perhaps they should have insurance, an MOT and road tax levied on them too !

·
Registered
Bmax 1.5 D Titanium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reference Rule H2 ... today I was driving along a side road to join a main road (T junction) Dropped kerbs are available for pedestrians to use, a gentleman with a dog, on a lead, was waiting to cross. I slowed, stopped and motioned him to cross, he refused and waved me on. I did so and made a left turn onto the main road.
When Rule H2 becomes actionable at the end of January would I be liable to a fine for the above.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Reference Rule H2 ... today I was driving along a side road to join a main road (T junction) Dropped kerbs are available for pedestrians to use, a gentleman with a dog, on a lead, was waiting to cross. I slowed, stopped and motioned him to cross, he refused and waved me on. I did so and made a left turn onto the main road.
When Rule H2 becomes actionable at the end of January would I be liable to a fine for the above.
As the pedestrian had waved you on i would say no.
I will also say that the laws in this country are gettiong rather idiotic, and seem to be aimed at making it easier to prosecute drivers and / or get them off the roads.
I can also see situations when youths step onto the road as a car approaches just to make it slow down or stop, then turn back to the pavement thinking it's funny.
This country has gone to the dogs !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts