Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking at figures showing how carrying too much weight can affect fuel economy. Apparently its about 1% per 100 pounds.

That means a tank of fuel costs 0.6% in economy along with anything else you carry around.

My wife weighs 150 pounds, so she is costing 1.5% which for me equates to around £20 pa in wasted fuel ):Good thing that she doesnt read the forum ):Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's pretty intuitive... This is the reason why I did not order and consequently I do not carry the fifth wheel.
And one of the major reasons I chosed B-MAX: it's rather a small car (among what I see around) and still can add one of those aerodinamic luggage boxes over the roof and stuff like this, in case we'll travel to somewhere:https://youtu.be/ObbzroN4LHA

Romanians used to adapt Renault 12 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_Dacia) to various needs and I watched that. In this perspective I find the B-MAX indeed a MULTI PURPOSE vehicle! (And it's a shame my conationals switched to something else... :( )

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you live in Romania, you should buy a vehicle that is built in Romania and support your fellow workers.

Ok then, why did I not buy a vehicle built in the UK then?

Well only 2 matched my requirements, the B Max (Romania)and the Honda Jazz Built in UK). Ford gave me a much better deal and a much better equipped vehicle for my money. TBH, I had no idea that the B Max was built in Romania until we started talking about delivery dates (or lying about delivery dates in the case of the Ford dealer).

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've learned this idea, of buying products that are made as close as possible, from a good friend who lives in Forest Row. In a way it's simply natural seeing things this way. :>

But what do we do when, in this case Ford, do not answer my questions based on Ford's terminology I found in ETIS and, even more disrespectful to any potential customer here, prohibits the acces to 1 litre 140 HP engine, or to "Follow me home", or advertise "Stop/start" system for a few years and when I want to place an order, it simply isn't available any more. To me. To any other European these are available. What should my attitude be in these circumstances, please!?..? :-?

Do you think that Ford treats me as an... unnecessary weight?!? :>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts