Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent heavy rain I was caught out with a flash flood on a main road the car was fine but I had it checked underneath all was okay but the mechanic pointed out there was no Under Engine Cover, the brackets were there just no cover he thinks they may never have been one fitted or it was ripped off in the flood (unlikely he thinks). If anyone has the time please look under your engine and see it you have a cover, my car is B-Max Titanium X. I just want know if these things are fitted as standard or not.
Allan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just guessing, but is the tray also insulated so may be sound deadening for diesels.
I remember having one on an Audi 80 diesel. When the car went for MOT, they found a rat's nest in the tray. It kept them nice and cosy.
Edited by: number6

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you suspectyou have had oneand driven through a flood, I cannot state just how pwoerful floodwater is. Especially when being driven through. So it highly likely that if youhave driven through flood water and you had an engine cover prior to entering then you have probably left it in the flood water. Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.