Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my third service not two years old yet but 38000 miles, the nearside front tyre was down to 3mm in the centre so I thought I would have two new ones 195x55 16 V 87, I got various prices from £130 plus labour to £90.99 fitted so I got "Tyres on the Drive" to come and fit them at my house £199 for two tyres, not the cheapest but I would use them again, I found it much better than going to the tyre depot. All the tyre sites will quote you for the H speed rating tyre which would do but is not the one on my car which is V rated and slightly more expensive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's a lot of money, but it saves the aggro of Taking the car out and waiting for them to do the job.
You can get all sorts of jobs done at your house now to save going out, although you do pay a premium.

In June I changed all four tyres on my Lexus, they still had lots of wear on them, but the Yokohama tyres were very noisy.
The Dunlops are a lot quieter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
When my BMax hit 30k miles, having rotated my wheels and checking my tyre pressures every couple of weeks(at the least). I had approx 2-3mm across the tread of all the tyres, but an imminent trip to France led me to change them. I did some research and I went for the Kumho Ecsta HS51's. And the noise difference (quieter) is noticable, as for grip I wouldn't really know as I never lost grip on the old ones and I don't expect to lose grip on these either. As for wearability, I shall find out sooner rather than later as I have already covered 5k on them in a few months.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've never been one for rotating tyres. It usually means you are going to have to change four tyres together, due to wear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We go to France on Saturday and a recent service highlighted the rear driver tyre was @ 3mm. Picked up a single Toyo tyre (195/60 R15 H) at the local HiQ for £50. I usually replace in pairs but as we've only had the car a year ive not need to yet but the other rear will get done in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've never been one for rotating tyres. It usually means you are going to have to change four tyres together, due to wear.
That's a fair point, but if like me, you only keep a car for 25k or 30k miles, rotating means you never have to visit a tyre dealer unless you get a puncture.

That said, I gave my Fiesta with 20k on the clock to my Son and he had to change the original fronts at 25k. The rears still have loads of tread. I never rotated on this car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As for rotating tyres, it is something I have done with all my cars for a number of years. As for the bmax in particular, I do it so that I change all four tyres together getting the same tread patterns and keeping an eye on mileage done and wear across all of the tyres. I realise it is just a preferential thing to do. But then I am also of the ilk, that when I rotate my tyres/wheels, I take the opportunity to clean the insides of my alloy wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts