Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last couple of weeks the low tyre pressure warning has sounded when tyres are checked front ok but both rear are between 5 and 10lbs down the tyres were replaced 2 months ago, this has happened twice within the last 10 days any suggestions much appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't pay extortionate Ford prices to fix THEIR problem.
If the car is under warranty, argue the case, as it is a known issue.
You probably won't get anywhere, so use an independent tyre company, half the price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
As said, it's probably a valve seating problem. I had one done at a tyre place and it cost me £20..Another needs doing but it
goes down so slowly, I haven't bothered with it yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also have this problem on all four wheels had new valves fitted after corrosion repaired, after six months its started
again, any other ideas or do I need new wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also have this problem on all four wheels had new valves fitted after corrosion repaired, after six months its started
again, any other ideas or do I need new wheels.
Do you wash your alloy wheels regularly? Never had a corrosion problem. 64 plate and 38000 miles. Use proper wheel brushes - one for narrow bits, one for the general area(get feathered one to prevent scratches). I use Turtle wax wash for body and wheels. At least every two weeks at this time of year. Yes I know there is salt in wax washes but I rinse off thoroughly afterwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the tyres were replaced 2 months ago, this has happened any suggestions much appreciated.

Take the car back to the tyre fitters and tell them to re-seat your tyre's, take your recite to prove you bought them there. They should NOT charge you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts