Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Ford B-Max Titanium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 2015 B-Max and the only little issue is that despite me keep resetting the tyre pressure warnings, it's keeps coming on when driving.
All tyre pressures have been checked and are fine but I can't get the car to understand that!!!

Any advise would be helpful
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
If pressures are ok, your car has passive pressure sensing using abs rotation sensors. Did you get new tyres in the purchase deal? Check all the tyre sizes and types carefully, followed by the tread depths. This would also happen if using a space saver spare.

·
Registered
264 Posts
algie said:
If pressures are ok, your car has passive pressure sensing using abs rotation sensors. Did you get new tyres in the purchase deal? Check all the tyre sizes and types carefully, followed by the tread depths. This would also happen if using a space saver spare.
Both my Ford dealer and my local independent tyre fitters say, categorically, that my Ford Bmax Titanium X 1.6 Powershift, has a separate pressure sensor in each valve stem and NOT ABS rotation sensors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
number6 said:
algie said:
Both my Ford dealer and my local independent tyre fitters say, categorically, that my Ford Bmax Titanium X 1.6 Powershift, has a separate pressure sensor in each valve stem and NOT ABS rotation sensors.

That is your Car! Mine definitely has passive. If pressures are indeed equal then car would not give warning unless there is a rolling circumference difference.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Algie,

The manual shows the system as ABS based but, on more than one occasion, my Tyre Pressure Warning has appeared on switching the car on, in the morning, i.e. before a wheel has been turned.
Maybe there has been a modification on some models.

UPDATE.... just did some research. It seems that Ford changed the system from direct (valve sensors) to indirect (ABS based) in Dec 2014. So, depending on when your car was built, you could get either.

Edited by: number6

·
Registered
459 Posts
MightyMidget said:
Just bought my 2015 B-Max and the only little issue is that despite me keep resetting the tyre pressure warnings, it's keeps coming on when driving.
All tyre pressures have been checked and are fine but I can't get the car to understand that!!!

Thanks in advance
there have been several threads on this.essentially, after setting all the tyre pressures correctly, you need to reset the monitoring system.
procedure is in the car handbook

·
Registered
264 Posts
Gremlin said:
MightyMidget said:

Thanks in advance
there have been several threads on this.essentially, after setting all the tyre pressures correctly, you need to reset the monitoring system.
procedure is in the car handbook
As i mention above, there have been two systems. With the direct (valve sensor), which I have, the warning goes off, on its own, when pressure is corrected. Only the indirect system (ABS based) needs to be reset manually.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmm... :-? Mine was made on 14th of February 2017 amd has valve sensor.

·
Registered
264 Posts
vdragoslav said:
Hmm... :-? Mine was made on 14th of February 2017 amd has valve sensor.
Maybe the change in pressure sensing spec varied, either by country or by model.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the 2015 1.6 diesel and mine has the tyre inflation connected pressure sensors and I would highly suspect every B Max has the same. without seeing evidence to prove otherwise. Your local garage/tyre fitting place will be able to reset them if that is what is needed. If a new sensor has been fitted, they do have to be "re-introduced" to the car by use of a hand held scanner.i know this because when my tyre fitter broke one of mine, I watched him do this procedure.

·
Registered
242 Posts
p.s The tyre pressure sensor also has a cr2032 battery in, so this could be, i suppose, at fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My manual page 159 states that I have an ABS based system detecting rolling circumference differences. It seems to be able to detect 2 psi difference. Its a March 2013 Titanium.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just had my front tyres changed and no valve sensor. It's definitely ABS rolling diameter and I had to reset it manually before the warning light went out. 2013MY

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can tell which system you have, If you have a more modern system with pressure sensor inside the valve (sometimes you can gently rock the valve stem a bit and you can hear the sensor hitting the alloys inside the wheel) .

I you have a display with indicated Tyre pressures for each wheel you have the new system.

My system is the old type were it measures the 'Drag' between two sets of wheels eg. two front ones.

A dragging brake will also give a warning on this system because there would be more drag on one side compared to the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any relevance?:

22-11-2018:*Report of alloy wheels of 2015 corroding around the stems of the TMPS valves, letting out air. Ford offered £268.44 contribution towards the overall cost of £776.52 as goodwill.

19-7-2019:*Report of leaking air from tyres of 2016 setting off TMPS alarms. Two TPMS valve sensors have already been replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts