Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I have checked the tyre pressure, the warning light is still on and freaking me out! Do I have to go to my dealer

·
Registered
40 Posts
The tyre pressure system needs to be reset by going in to the vehicle settings menu.

Page 160 of the owners manual refers, but basically:

Menu > Vehicle Settings > Deflation Detection

Press and hold OK until confirmation appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem and no amount of "re-setting" removes the screen warning. Can I ignore this or should I return to Ford Dealer, from whom I bought car about 5 weeks ago!

·
Registered
459 Posts
firstly, welcome ;-)
I recommend you check the pressures again, the system should automatically reset after a couple of miles of running.
but since you have manually reset the system, it indicates a tpms (tyre pressure warning system) fault; and depending on the age of the car this would be an mot failure.
so yes take it back to the dealer, to sort out.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Maybe a duff tps valve on one of the tyres - that's what happened to mine. Fitted a new valve and no more warning light

If the light was on from day one, it's possible that someone changed a tyre and put a standard (non TPS) valve in. My local tyre dealer won't touch TPS valves and when mine develooed a leak, they put a standard valve in temporarily until I got around to getting a new valve from Ford when the car was next serviced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts