Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a B-Max a couple of weeks ago second hand. I like the car however, all the tyres have been fairly rapidly deflating... Ford garage locally looked at briefly and said needed new valves and probably new wheels due to the corrosion around the valves. I have returned to the other Ford garage where I purchased from (some distance away.) who have agreed to replace valves and want to "refurb" the alloys rather than replace.

There does seem a number of posts around the net about corroded alloys on Fords. I am concerned that the refurb will only be bodge rather than a permanent fix and i'm debating whether to accept. Has anyone else experience this issue or got any thoughts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Could be the work of Mr Karcher or similar.Jet wash can remove the clear lacquer and eventually the alloy will corrode.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Maybe a previous owner lived near the sea, or drove through salt water.
A good refurb should be OK.....I would never use a pressure washer on a car, let alone the wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
A sweeping motion when using a jet wash should not have adverse affects. Where many go wrong, training the jet in one place too long can damage the lacquer.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
A refurb is fine if it is done properly. The real question is will they do it properly? You could ask for a warranty if they insist on a refurb.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is the second post today I have come across about this exact problem. There needs to be a search option on this forum. My b Max was just under, by days, 3 years old and Ford replaced my wheels for this exact reason. Well 2 of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts