Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hijust been at my 20.000 km service - gave it to my selle this morning, and should get i this evening, but when I was expecting to get it, they told me that the turbo was broken, and that i should have a new - that what they decided today. Tomorrow I should get a call from the seller about the problem - I don't know how I have to react to the problem - one year turbo - and I'm driving very decent, so just dont know how to react.

My belive for this engien is almost gone - so........

Regards from Denmark

Walther.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It has always been said that cars fitted with a turbo should be allowed to idle for ten seconds or so after high speed driving before stopping the engine, in order to let the turbo cool. I am not sure how stop / start technology deals with this situation, there must be some sort of safety valve to prevent turbo wear.

·
Registered
106 Posts
John.
This is what our forum ought to be about. The question is very very relevant not some of the childish tommy rot we get!
Does anyone know the answer or do you think Ford could be leaned on to give a reasoned explanation.
Strange,I had been thinking about this a few days ago but confess did not reach a conclusion
Possible One of our regular (guess who) contributors may have a take on this one.
Arm987.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Walther,

Irrespective of any other consideration, a component should be deemed to have a "reasonable" life span for the purpose it was designed for. To me, 12 months is most definitely not a "reasonable" length for any major component on a vehicle. I think you could safely claim that your particular booster was not "fit for purpose". The dealer should replace it without cost to yourself. Have you approached them with this in mind. ?

Jaycee

·
Registered
418 Posts
20,000 km is 12500 miles, which is obviously a first service after 12 months. The turbo will be renewed under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts