Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here, look forward to chatting with you all! I have had my 2013 B-Max 125 1.0l for just under 6 months now, and overall am Very happy, and very surprised with the engine, this is my first eco boost, just noticed as it’s getting warmer and I occasionally have my window down I can notice a turbo ‘whine’ that is prominent when accelerating, is this normal for the eco boost engine?, it doesn’t sound like a normal turbo ‘whoosh’. Also when it has been cold I have notice the heated windscreen doesn’t seem to be activating in certain strips, and there are always vertical lines left on the windscreen itself, I’m aware that there is a left and right fuse, which I have tested and are both working, anyone else had this issue? Is it looking like a replacement screen is necessary?

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
I would say that the turbo whine needs investigating, i had the same noise coming from my works van one day, an hour or two along the motorway it blew in a massive cloud of smoke and there was oil everywhere, so have it checked asap.
As for the screen clearing, if you're talking about the front screen then mine is the same too. The drivers side should clear first, for obvious reasons. Passenger side does take a little longer. Each side of the screen heater has it's own relay and fuse but if both sodes clear then they are working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts