Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tested the 99 bhp and the 123 bhp engines?

I really like the 123 bhp, but ive never driven the 99 bhp version to be able to tell if it feels any different. I know the numbers are a little better, but can you really feel it.

I wonder what the 140 version is like.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I believe the 100 and 125 are identical up to just over 4000rpmabove that, the 100 stays at the 100 output, and its torque drops off,
the 125 continues up to its max at 5200rpm

so you will only notice any difference above:
20 in first
36 second
56 3rd
76 4th
95 5th

the 140 does have more thoughout the range.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Grwmlin, figures are interesting. Not sure how much you can feel it though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi cianpars

As you can see I went for the 100bhp varient.

Having tested both before deciding, I felt the extra £800 my dealer wanted for the 125bhp varient was not worth the extra outlay.

Performance is not that earth shattering between the two varients in my opinion but you may think differently.

I was not aware the 140bhp was available on the B-Max. I thought it only available on the Focus and Mondeo.

Blimey - 140bhp on a B-Max! now that's just scarey

Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes my local Ford dealer has been trying to sell a delivery mileage 67 plate BMax Black with the 140 engine for what seems like many months, certainly since last Summer. It's got a white body, black alloys and a completely black roof, a combination which I personally hate! Maybe others do as well which explains why it's still for sale!

·
Registered
106 Posts
gadgee said:
Yes my local Ford dealer has been trying to sell a delivery mileage 67 plate BMax Black with the 140 engine for what seems like many months, certainly since last Summer. It's got a white body, black alloys and a completely black roof, a combination which I personally hate! Maybe others do as well which explains why it's still for sale!

Sorry it's a BMax "White" 140 Edition not Black and they are asking about £14000 for it. It's not delivery mileage but a one owner very low mileage car.

Edited by: gadgee

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Offer them 13k for it ˜ƒ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts