Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experienced a transmission problem today. It is a second hand car 13 numberplate with one previous owner. Bought through a dealership, around 24,000 miles. I couldn't start up a car this morning and after several minutes and attempts, it started up, but showing the service engine soon, spanner symbol and Transmission Malfuction Service Now!
I have spoken with the dealership, they said they will get back to me how to address this. They asked if I have a ford service dealership nearby, which there is one fairly local to us. Car is within a 3 month warranty offered by dealership. If I try and drive it above 20miles/hr, it starts revving up the engine. I was wondering what others in a similar situation would do? Or expect to happen? Many thanks.
New to this and new to ford b max as a car. Car has a full service ford dealer history, presumably one could check if something like this has happened before? Edited by: kart2017

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If it is still within 3 month warranty take it back to the dealer who will plug it into their obdr reader and generate a fault code.

You can take it from there or buy an obdr2 reader yourself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your car is an automatic, then the gearbox is subject to a five year Ford warranty. Best take it straight to the local Ford dealership (tell the garage you bought it from that you're doing this) and the dealer should address the issue at their expense.

Before allowing them to do any work make absolutely sure it the problem IS something they will cover, otherwise at the very least they will charge you a diagnostics fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the car has automatic transmission, it is the 1.6 Powershift Titanium version. Thank you for mentioning the 5yr warranty. Wasn't aware of this, I thought any warranty expires after 3yrs. Since it happened within the 3 month warranty dealer will come to tow the car away to bring it to Ford for a diagnostics test as it keeps making a revving up sound at speeds above 20miles/hr. Frankly I don't dare to drive it there, and risking causing more damage or getting stuck along the way somewhere.

Aside of the transmission, does anyone have issue with winding their car windows up and down? At times it doesn't respond or winds the window up and down when I try to shut it, doesn't close it fully and can take a couple of tries to respond to close the window (but wouldn't just wind the window up, i have to go through a process of winding it down first and then it will go up to shut the window completely). Rather puzzled by this.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You can reprogramme them by running them right down then up again and then continuing to hold the button up for a few seconds when they have shut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.