Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having previously fitted tow bars to the last 10 cars I've owned I never encountered much problem in splicing into the existing wiring.
Now having fitted a 2nd hand b max towbar I read splicing may result in damage to the vehicle electronically.
Researching the available purpose made wiring kits it appears to be quite (relatively) complicated.
The so called (universal) alternative kits seem to be a possible solution.
Obviously I wouldn't risk damaging the electronics so would welcome advice on this subject.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much obliged hywel, was enquiring if anyone had success with an "universal" kit as the proper Ford kit looks very complicated with instalation of extra wiring, running cables etc. I appreciate the on board computer monitors everything but all I needed was a simple trailer board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, how did you get on with this?
I'm trying to use one of the relay modules, its my understanding they work with canbus? I also only want a light board for bike rack. I've used multimeter to find the indicator, stop, tail lights, need a wire colour to identify fog and switched live.
Anyone had their fog light out and could tell me the wire colour? Anyone know where the nearest switched live is?
Thanks
Neal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts