Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not sure where to start but here go's. Got our bmax 62 plate as an x motability car with 12000 on clock Feb 2016. By may 2016 car started to judder took it back to Ford garage and had a new clutch fitted. Seemed to be ok for a while but still had intermitting juddering especially going up hills and in low gears. Last month beginning of dec car would not start and came up with transmission module failure take to garage which I managed to do. Few days later was told will cost me £600 to get it fixed but I had googled the problem and found u guys and could not believe how many people had the same problems. Told the garage I was not happy and was told warranty had run out in Nov but after a Lot of arguing Ford agreed to pay. Pick car up after a week & a half went Xmas shopping and driving up the motor way went to overtake when the car wouldn't change gear and frighted the life out of us as was dangerous. Took back to garage who said they would put it on diagnostic machine. Got car back to say the clutch was going AGAIN our mileage now is only 17000 miles as we don't go far. Told them that I was not happy and they said they would ask Ford again to see what they thought. Got call today to say as it's ran out of the 5yr warranty in Nov last year then they would not fix it for free and I am looking at a bill for £1000. I can't believe this has happened again and have now read that like me many people have had problems with the clutch/gearbox. I have been told to call customer services. I am just wondering if anyone could advise me of what to say. I can't believe the car has done this as we don't do loads of miles.

·
Registered
459 Posts
its worth asking the dealer what the warranty is on the parts fitted feb 16. looking through things this /may/ be 24 months

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I would of thought so as well. We brought the car in the Feb but had the clutch done in the May so I agree it should of come with a guarantee. Have to call customer services this afternoon as Ford garage where we brought it said they could not help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts