Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Traded our B Max in today for a Honda Jazz.

I had the clutch replaced last October, and at the time of typing this there have been no obvious problems with the car since then. However, I've lost confidence in the vehicle and don't want to be contemplating a large bill if the clutch goes wrong again after the Ford warranty expires this coming June.

On the positive side, the B Max is a great car, a wonderful drive and a masterpiece of small car design. I certainly wouldn't eliminate the possibility of buying another, non Powershift example some time in the future; perhaps a late Ecoboost if low mileage examples are still around in two or three years.

In the meantime, many thanks to all those who have shared their experience and advice with me, and good luck to B Max owners everywhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both.

I've enjoyed my seven months or so on this forum, which has been one of the most good humoured, genuinely helpful and civilised motoring groups I've ever had the privilege to join.

Take care, and good luck.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Good luck with the Jazz. I know several people who are very happy with them.

Enjoyed your presence on the B Max forum and hope you can find a good Jazz club/forum to join.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, Cianpars.

I did lots of research before settling on the Jazz (certainly a lot more than I did before buying a Powershift) and although the car will never pin the back of my noggin to the headrest with sheer, brutal acceleration, the model has a great reputation for reliability.

However, in many ways I'll miss the B Max and as I said above, I may one day be back.

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I take it you went for the cvt version. How do you rate it? Was thinking of getting one but the insurance group put me off.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No need to leave Des, we will all be interested to hear about your experiences with the Jazz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts