Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting a B max and my finance company have found me a zetec model with 90.000 miles o 1.0 Eco boost and wondered ive heard so many negative things about the engine i wanted a owners opion do you think its worth a buy or not as all the reviews say the engines are good all rounders its had two owners from new and i think full service history
any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 1.5 diesel and I'm very happy with it. Took a little getting used to the smaller car and the 5 speed having previously driven a mondeo titanium x but it is a nippy wee car and great for around town. Despite the size I've managed tp help 2 teenagers move in and out of student accomodation with all that entails. It has been very economic and thus far quite easy to maintain, with basic servicing being done by myself....the more serious stuff being left to the experts !
I cannot comment on the petrol engines though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 125 petrol ecoboost for last 5 years. Excellent car. Been driving since the 1960s and one of the best cars I have owned. Great handling, quiet at speed and impressive performance. Fuel consumption 45 to 60 mpg. Road tax £30. Mind you I do cosset it with 97 RON fuel and 6 monthly oil changes as I intend to keep it for the time being. 60,000 miles accumulated. Does not use any oil. Regularly serviced every 12 months by Ford.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts