Ford B-Max Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Interesting to see others views.

Just to add the Nissan Leaf is not hybrid. You may be getting a bit mixed up there. Also regarding a hybrid, they have no starter motor, clutch, gearbox (Honda), to go wrong and the engine will be getting less use than a ICE (normal) car, especially from cold

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep, i know the Leaf is not a hybrid.
I mentioned it as an example of a car that can be charged from a three pin socket as the ones we have at work have two charge cables included, one for the dedicated on site charge port and the other to plug into a wall socket.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had my B Max for 4 years now and i'm thinking of changing it. Prior to that, I never had small engines, at least no smaller than 2 litre, but I don't drive far nowadays and no m/way driving. I found having only 125 bhp took a bit of getting used to, but I grew to love the car.
We are in a similar situation, in as much as we are thinking about changing. We only use the BMax around town, and use a Lexus Hybrid for longer journeys. We have two dealers, each
literally a two minute walk away. One Ford and one Toyota. Used Fords seem to be on the
expensive side, and I have been looking at the Yaris hybrid. You get Toyota reliability, but the
interiors are not as nice as the Fords. Electric isn't an option.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts